top of page
Indianapolis Wedding Photographer


Welcome to the blog!

I'm Jasmine and I'm a wedding photographer based in Indiana but I serve clients worldwide!

Go ahead and look around, I hope you like what you see!

Wedding Blogs
Engagement Blogs
Published and Awards
Personal Blogs
Wedding Wednesday Tips
Blogs For Photographers
Lafayette Wedding Photographer

Quick Tips For Changing Your Name After The Wedding: Wedding Wednesday

Today's Wedding Wednesday blog will be all about some tips to make your name change after the wedding as easy as possible! Now, not all couples will opt to change their name and that's completely fine! However, if you are planning on taking your spouse's name or hyphenating your name, then this blog post will be for you!

Use A Name Change Service

We're going to start out with the easiest way to change your name that requires less time and effort and that's to use a name changing service. Basically you pay these services to change your name for you which saves you time from standing in line and calling and mailing things to everyone. There are a few different options but I recommend HitchSwitch! HitchSwitch has a few different options from a Print At Home service to a Full Service Package and it starts at just $39! Yes, you don't have to pay for this and can change your name on your own, but you'll be busy getting back into the swing of things after the wedding and this will save you time from running to different places and correlating paperwork so it's worth it!

HitchSwitch has been nice enough to give all of you 10% off of any package you choose! Click the graphic below and use code "JasmineNorrisPhotography" at checkout to get the 10% off!

Correlate All The Necessary Info And Forms

If you decide that a name change service may not be for you and that you'd rather change your name yourself, the first thing that you will want to do is correlate all necessary information. You'll need to change the name on your social security card first, then your license at the DMV, then your passport (remember, if you already have travel booked, wait until you take those vacations until you change your passport name). You can print off the forms for these online and fill them out before you go to the branches. You'll need a copy of marriage certificate with the official seal for each of these so make sure you have those copies. For the DMV, you'll also need your current license and the other proofs that they need such as proof of residence so you'll want to check out the requirements for your area online before you go to the branch.

Notify Everyone Who Needs Your New Name

If you're not using a name change service, after you obtain your new Social Security Card and License, you will then want to notify anyone else you has your name. This list includes things like your bank, employer, USPS, utility companies, landlord, mortgage company, property taxes, insurance companies, doctors, dentists, voter registration, investment accounts, airlines, email account, and more!

Once your name is officially change, you can sit back and relax and revel in your newlywed bliss!


See the LOVE on Instagram!

@jasmine.norris  |  #jasminenorrisphotography  #jasminenorrisweddings  #jasminenorrisengagements

bottom of page