I know most checklists are geared toward brides, but groom's play a key part in the wedding planning details as well! I know most will leave most of the planning to their bride, but here are a few things that you can do to help take some of the planning off of your future spouse.
12 Months Before Wedding
- Set budget for wedding.
- Prepare guest list with names and addresses.
- Research vendors.
- Decide on your groomsmen.
- Choose the honeymoon location and book the hotel, airfare, and passports, if necessary.
- Decide on the rehearsal dinner location.
6 Months Before Wedding
- Choose tuxedo/suit styles and register at formal store.
- Buy the wedding bands.
- Choose rehearsal dinner menu and order invitations.
- Update attendants on rehearsal information.
- Request time off work for wedding and honeymoon.
1 Month Before Wedding
- Set up final vendor meetings.
- Send rehearsal dinner invites.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations.
- Purchase attendant thank you gifts.
- Confirm final tux/suit information.
Week of the Wedding
- Send wedding timeline to attendants and vendors.
- Get final haircut, if necessary.
- Confirm final guest count to caterer.
- Pick up wedding bands and/or get them cleaned.
- Pick up tux/suits and make sure all groomsmen have theirs.
- Pack for honeymoon.