I know you all will remember Crystal and Jonathan from their amazing Purdue University, Von's Shops, and Powder Paint Engagement session earlier this year! With an engagement session that unique to go along with their great personalities I knew their wedding would be nothing short of awesome and I was not disappointed!
Crystal and Jonathan first met while they were both attending Purdue University. They both ended up at the same summer job in 2012 and hit it off. Fast forward to September 2015, Jonathan and Crystal were on a trip at San Juan Island and were whale watching at sunset when Jonathan asked Crystal for her hand in marriage.
Crystal and Jonathan's wedding was on Saturday and it was amazing! Since they met at Purdue and spent a lot of time there they decided that the Purdue Memorial Union would be the perfect place for their wedding. They had their ceremony in a lounge upstairs and held their reception in the ballroom. These two really made their wedding completely their own! There were sooooo many unique aspects of the day.
- Their wardrobe was amazing! Crystal wore a gorgeous black gown (with stormtrooper leggings underneath) and Jonathan wore an amazing blue suit jacket.
- They wrote their own vows (that were equally funny and tear jerking) and they had family and friends run the ceremony.
- Instead of using sand for their ceremony, they used salt and pepper!
- Their reception was Star Wars themed and it was amazing! They made most of the decorations and each table's centerpiece was a different world from Star Wars. Also the Star Wars theme was a surprise for all their guests.
- Each reception table was a different world from Star Wars with terrariums depicting different scenes from the series.
- Crystal hand made all of the bouquets with origami flowers and light saber handles.
- Jonathan made all of their stationary items.
- One of the groomsmen surprised Jonathan and Crystal with a handmade Legend of Zelda sword!
I could literally go on and on about their wedding, but I'll just let you see it for yourself!
Crystal & Jonathan: Thank you so much for having me be a part of your big day! I was an honor being able to document your love. You are two amazing people and I know you will have nothing short of a long life filled with love and laughter!